- That I'd make it to a place to air up my flat tire when another place I had barely made it to had an out-of-order sign on their air pump. (I did make it.)
- That we'd have the holy spirit present in our home...and for harmony. (Bickering has become prevalent as of late)
- In thanks for my family and friends who make my life so wonderful.
- To keep my children safe when they're not with me.
- For Blake to have peace and productivity in his work.
- In thanks for answering my prayers.
- Asking for help in preparation with a wedding I'm shooting this weekend.
- That I'm enough.
P.S. Have you ever read that quote about happy marriages are the result of the union of two forgivers...or something like that? I found this little info-graphic that I thought was really neat, and since we're talking about forgiveness today...
Since today's November Blogathon prompt references a post I've already written (here), I thought I'd just share what I've been up to the past month...what has consumed nearly all of my time. In a good way, of course.
This time of year for photography is super busy, as everyone wants pictures for their holiday cards and basically, it's just a really great season for layered clothing, fall-colored trees, and the overall feeling of nostalgia. So today I'm sharing with you a few of my favorites of late.
In related news, my photography website will be up and running soon!!!! I'll be sure to post the big reveal here first! Happy Tuesday Friends!
Best Date Nights Spots We Love:
- Alamo Draft House: Movie and dinner at the same place, with a unique Austin vibe...for the win!
- Hop Doddy: Easy date night with yummy food. I always order the Ahi Tuni burger with the Salted Caramel shake...to die for!
- Olivia's: Eclectic, chic, and delish!
- Eddie V's: For a nice night out...we've frequented this place for years and it's still a favorite.
For A Family Fun Day:
- McKinney Falls State Park: We like to hike, take a picnic, and take a lot of family pictures. It's just right outside of town!
- Lake Travis: Being on the water is one of our favorite activities. Our kids love riding on a boat and soaking up the sun!
- Austin Hike & Bike Trail: Now that the trail extends over to the east side, we love taking the family (and dog) along the new area that jets out over the water. Great views of downtown!
Favorite Family Eats (Kid-Friendly):
- Gourdough's Trailer: Heaven help our arteries. Three words --- The Flying Pig. The End.
- Galaxy Cafe: Healthy food that our kids love....we always frequent the Brodie and Slaughter location. Their sister restaurant Zocalo is bueno as well.
- Jack Allen's: We neither of us can make a decision and we know the upscale comfort food will hit the spot...plus it's loud enough that taking all 4 of our kids is perfectly okay.
I absolutely love Austin...there's really no place like it. If you're ever in the area or planning a trip here, feel free to email me with questions, suggestions, etc. Blake and I were both born and raised around here, so we've gotcha covered!
Please don't even think about moving here.
Today's November Blogathon prompt is "what would you tell your beginning blogger self". Well, I've now been blogging for over 4 years and do you know what??? I'm still learning everyday! But I definitely feel there is a steep learning curve, and then it levels off quite a bit to just keeping up with the evolution of blogging.
There are several things that, had I known back then, would have made things quite easier for me...and possibly would have helped grow my blog faster. For those just starting out their blogging journey, I gift you some of my knowledge...what I wish I would have known back then.