Mother's Day is one of those holidays that always sneaks up on me...it's stealthness I have not yet figured out. Other holidays are thought about and prepared for long in advance...but a hugely significant day to honor your mother (and to be honored as one) just seems to arrive out of thin air....am I right???
Well friends, I'm here to tell you that it's not too late....husbands, take note as well. Even though we're roughly four days away, thoughtful Mother's Day gifts are still within reach and completely doable. Here's several (last minute) ideas to make the mother(s) in your life feel loved, special, and honored.
1. Pamper Kit: Include chocolates, bath salts, her favorite lotion and candle...and throw in a pedicure gift certificate for the cherry on top!
2. Framed Printables: Etsy has TONS of sweet mom-themed printables that are simple to download and frame for a no-fuss, yet meaningful gift to mom. Check out one of my favorites HERE. Or take it a bit further and gift her with several framed printables and photos for a curated gallery-wall!
3. A Favorites Basket: Get together as many of your mom's "favorites" as you can...think magazines, candy/chocolate, hair products, drinks, notecards, music, gift-cards, make-up, etc...and gift them in a cute little tin bucket or wire basket. Easy and SUPER thoughtful!
4. Take her on a date: Mother/daughter dates are just the best! Treat your mom to a night out at her favorite restaurant with maybe some shopping beforehand! Or if going out isn't her thing, cook her a special meal complete with appetizers, main course, and dessert...don't let her lift a finger!
5. Plant a special tree or plant: Commemorate your mother (in all her greatness) by planting a tree in her honor (preferably at her home). This is a simple gesture, but will last a lifetime and bring her memories of you every time she sees it. If a tree is too much, try a beautiful plant such as an orchid. (Trader Joe's always has huge ones for such a deal!)
Of course, there are plenty more gift ideas that you still have time to do/create/plan...but hopefully, one of these will spark your gift-giving creativity for a fabulous, thoughtful, and touching Mother's Day gift.