Best Date Nights Spots We Love:
- Alamo Draft House: Movie and dinner at the same place, with a unique Austin vibe...for the win!
- Hop Doddy: Easy date night with yummy food. I always order the Ahi Tuni burger with the Salted Caramel shake...to die for!
- Olivia's: Eclectic, chic, and delish!
- Eddie V's: For a nice night out...we've frequented this place for years and it's still a favorite.
For A Family Fun Day:
- McKinney Falls State Park: We like to hike, take a picnic, and take a lot of family pictures. It's just right outside of town!
- Lake Travis: Being on the water is one of our favorite activities. Our kids love riding on a boat and soaking up the sun!
- Austin Hike & Bike Trail: Now that the trail extends over to the east side, we love taking the family (and dog) along the new area that jets out over the water. Great views of downtown!
Favorite Family Eats (Kid-Friendly):
- Gourdough's Trailer: Heaven help our arteries. Three words --- The Flying Pig. The End.
- Galaxy Cafe: Healthy food that our kids love....we always frequent the Brodie and Slaughter location. Their sister restaurant Zocalo is bueno as well.
- Jack Allen's: We neither of us can make a decision and we know the upscale comfort food will hit the spot...plus it's loud enough that taking all 4 of our kids is perfectly okay.
I absolutely love Austin...there's really no place like it. If you're ever in the area or planning a trip here, feel free to email me with questions, suggestions, etc. Blake and I were both born and raised around here, so we've gotcha covered!
Please don't even think about moving here.
Why not move to Austin??!ReplyDelete
I have been to Austin a gazillion times... ya gotta tell me the joke about "don't move here" I'm from Irving and live in Keller now... great friends in Cedar Park and we're there at least twice a year... it's SUCH a different vibe from the rest of Texas...ReplyDelete