Here's my top 5 yummies you should be eating this summer....hurry and fill your tummies before fall gets here!
1. Watermelon Agua Fresca-We perpetually have watermelon in our house during the summer months. I'm not that great at picking out good ones, so with the 'okay' watermelons, I end up making this sweet, refreshing drink with mint from my garden. So yummy and easy!
2. Strawberry Lime Smoothie-Only 3 ingredients needed....limeade or margarita frozen concentrate, frozen (or fresh) strawberries, and a half can of sweetened condensed milk. Blend. Perfect for a family dessert to enjoy in the evenings out on the porch.
3. Peach Basil Salsa-The fabulous PW came up with this delight. I could eat it plain or on ice cream as pictured. I think this might even work with fish tacos!
4. Frozen Grapes-My kids are obsessed with these right now. I grew up eating frozen grapes and they hold a special place in my heart....and my mouth!
5. Fresh Tomatoes (preferably from one's garden)-I eat mine sliced with a little salt and pepper....there are few things better in life than this, my friends. Of course, I don't complain if a little basil and mozzarella make an appearance, too.
Post a Comment